Thursday 19 April 2012

Ordinary People ...

I am still in Manchester at the moment with the boyf revising for exams. At the moment I am in his room but later we are going to venture out to the library. The excitement. I thought I would do a blog about my staple pieces of make up, as it shows how important they are to me if I'm willing to take them to Manchester. So here goes ... 

CHANEL - PERFECTION LUMIÈRE
22 Beige Rose

MAXFACTOR - MASTERPEICE MASCARA
Black

BENEFIT - HIGH BEAM 

FCUK - FC EYES 
10

No7 - CHEEK TINT
15 Rose Silk

BOBBI BROWN - GEL EYELINER
Black Ink - 1

The product I thought I would review today is the Maxfactor 'Masterpiece Mascara' in Black. I first got this for Christmas in a Maxfactor sample box. I loved it so much that I bought a new tube when the sample ran out. It currently costs £8.99 from Boots for 7.2ml, which I think is a reasonable price for a mascara. 



The brush is a pretty standard mascara brush. It is average size and is a bristly brush - so nothing particularly exciting there but it gives a really good even coverage. The main reasons I love this mascara is because of the length and depth it gives to your eyelashes. I'm not really a fan of spidery eyelashes but this thickens them as well as lengthens and it makes me feel like I'm wearing falsies, which is pretty difficult as I don't have particularly long eyelashes. Another plus is that it's really easy to remove with a standard eye make up remover. I would have to give this mascara a 4-5/5 and I will definitely be buying this again. 




I have other staple products such as my favourite Chanel lipsticks but I don't generally wear them in the day so I thought I would just do my standard day products for today. I'm also having issues with my concealers at the moment so if anyone has any recommendations let me know. I'm also still using the Liz Earle cleanser and I have to say it is growing on me so I will keep you posted

xxx

4 comments:

  1. My mum loves that mascara, I've never tried it...I'll have to give it a go.
    And Clinique line smoothing concealer is amazing. I suppose it depends on what you're looking for, but it's in a tube with a doe foot wand and is the best one I've ever tried. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really good mascara but mine is on it's last legs now :( I don't know whether to repurchase it or go for something else. What mascara do you use? Ooooo I haven't got any Clinique products. I will have to have a look when I'm next in town x

      Delete
  2. This is a really pretty look x x Love the products you've used x x x

    ReplyDelete