Tuesday 22 May 2012

Tinted moisturiser ...

I have always been really lucky with my skin and although it is quite dry I have never really suffered from spots. I usually get the odd one here and there but I generally don't need lots of coverage from my foundation, especially in the summer when my face has a bit more colour. This year, I decided to buy a tinted moisturiser instead of wearing foundation, especially because I used to really like the discontinued Chanel foundation as it was quite light compared to the new one, Perfection Lumière. I had heard really good things about the Laura Mercier tinted moisturisers, and I had been given a Laura Mercier foundation a couple of years ago and liked it, so I thought I would try the normal tinted moisturiser. It is the lightweight flawless coverage one rather than the illuminating or oil-free ones, because that was what the make up artist recommended but I am intrigued by the illuminating one. 

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser in Nude


One thing that I really look for in face products are whether or not they contain SPF or not. I have quite pale skin and I tend to burn before I tan so protecting my skin is quite important, not only to protect against premature ageing of my skin, but skin cancer as well. I like to wear a product with SPF on my face every day, no matter the season,  because there is still a benefit to SPF even if it doesn't seem sunny enough. Bearing that in mind, I really like that this tinted moisturiser is SPF 20 because that is definitely towards the higher end of the SPF that make-up brands offer in their face products. However, it does seem that the fairly new BB creams can go as high SPF 30, but my Perfection Lumiere is only SPF 10 and I don't think my NARS foundation had any at all. 


This is often how I like to wear my tinted moisturiser; with just simple eyes and lips. It applies really evenly and is easily blended, with just a hint of colour. As it also a moisturiser, it leaves my skin feeling really soft. However, it is quite expensive, especially as it doesn't create such an obvious effect as foundation. It costs £33 for 40 ml which does seem a lot but I'm hoping it will last a long time and I do really like it. I would recommend this to someone who is looking for a light coverage, moisturising product with a high SPF at the higher end of the price range.


xx




No comments:

Post a Comment