Monday 16 July 2012

Clinique Chubby Stick ...

I have to admit that this is my first ever Clinique product, and I'm not even really sure why. I've always been attracted towards the Chanel stands and more recently Mac as well, and consequently other make up counters get neglected. My mum really loves their skincare, and rarely buys her high range products from anywhere else, so I thought I would have a quick browse when I was last in a department store. I was initially interested in their moisturisers, but quickly got distracted by their chubby sticks. I have heard quite a lot about these and I really like a sheer, subtle red lip. I have also seen the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains, but none of the colours piqued my interest so I didn't pick any of them up. However, I loved so many colours in the Clinique range that I couldn't resist temptation any longer, and I bought 05 Chunky Cherry. 

The Revlon Balm Stains cost £7.99 in Boots, but seem to be on an introductory offer of £5.99 in  most shops, whereas the Clinique Chubby Sticks cost £16. Although there is quite a price difference, I'm perfectly happy that I bought the more expensive one because I really like the colour I chose, and I didn't find one I liked in the Revlon range. Personally, I would rather spend £16 on something I liked, than £5.99/£7.99 on something I wasn't that bothered about. Well, that's my logic anyway. I'm not sure my boyfriend would agree though. :)

At first I wasn't overly keen on how bulky the Chubby Sticks are, but it has grown on me, and I quite like how substantial they are now. Another thing I was concerned about was how big the end used for applying was, and if it would be accurate, but I've found that as long as I have a mirror I can apply it with no real problems. However, I did try to do it without a mirror once, and it may be due to my inadequate make up expertise, but I resembled a five year old that had stolen their mum's lipstick. 
Another thing to add is that you don't sharpen the end (this would result in a chubby stick related disaster), you twist the other end to move up the amount of product. You also need to take care to keep some sort of pointed end, because I imagine if that goes completely it would be really hard to apply accurately. 
It has shown up more golden in this photo, but in real life and on my lips it actually appears more red. I really like this colour, and I think the colour pay off is pretty good, although they aren't super long lasting. I also like how moisturising the chubby stick is, and really leaves my lips feeling soft. Overall, I will definitely be looking at the range again to see if any other colours catch my eye, as Clinique do a huge range from nudes to purple, and I would recommend these to anyone looking for a quick and easy to use lip product. I'm also really interested to hear what people think about the Revlon Balm Stains, and I might buy one to compare with the Chubby Sticks if I see a shade I like.

xxx

10 comments:

  1. This looks like a lovely colour :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I really like this colour, and I'm definitely going to look at some more xx

      Delete
  2. I've seen these advertised but shied away from them because of the price but you've given it a really good review :)
    I do agree though- I can imagine once the point has gone it would be hard to apply!

    Love, Elizabeth xx

    http://butterflyboo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am concerned about what I will do when the point has gone but until then I am really pleased with them. Thanks for the comment xx

      Delete
  3. That looks like a really nice colour, it is a bit expensive but it looks like its worth it :) hmm I might give one a try xx
    http://alittleebitofeverything.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely worth a close look at. Thanks for commenting xx

      Delete
  4. wow the color is really nice.

    I haven't really got the chance to try cliniques lip products yet, but maybe i should give it a go

    thank you for sharing :)

    BOHONOTES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I really like the colour too. The clinique counter is definitely worth looking at xx

      Delete
  5. like your blog!! I'M FOLLOWING YOU <3!

    visit my blog at www.fashionrella.com

    kisses <3!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. very beautiful lipstick! love the pink tint <3
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete